24/06/2012

Hey, I Put Some New Shoes On

Today's run: 2.5 km (1.55 miles) in 15:12.
Injury check: All more or less ok.
______


A short run today, partly just to try out the new shoes, partly because The Knee has been aching a bit this week and I didn't want to push it.


However, I did manage to keep up 10 km/h for nearly the whole of this run, ending it with a sprint that let me claim a personal best time for this distance. 
I also did a whole kilometre as a warm-up jog. Slowly, yes, but it was a whole kilometre - and then I did the 2.5 k run. I had to lie down at the end (yes, really) but I got my breath back more quickly than I have in the past. 
All the above may not impress some people, but I am very proud of today. 


Footwear verdict: the new shoes are very nice. They're a bit more comfy than my old pair and I think they're a little lighter too. 
Shiny new shoes
Yes, I stood on a treadmill and took a photo of my new trainers. I fully expect to feature in the anecdotes of a few strangers as 'the odd woman in the gym who photographed her own feet...'