17/05/2012

Short Run

Today's run: 2.5 km (1.55 miles) in 16:39.
Injury check: All clear.
______


A short run today, in the gym on the treadmill. I didn't push it today either, so it's not a fast time; I just wanted to do a little run to see how the knees held up after taxing them on Monday. All appears to be ok.


This short run is the length I've been working on for a while for an entirely different goal - which requires me to speed up a good deal over this distance rather than increase my endurance for the long runs. So, diametrically opposite my marathon goal.


Hmmm.


Conclusions from today: I need to buy some of those fancy running tops that help you keep cool, because I overheat like anything when I run. (I go red in the face pretty much as soon as I do any exercise. So does my mum; it's genetic.) I also need to sort out my breathing because I got stitch again. That happens more on the shorter, faster runs than the longer, slower ones. My body was definitely built for endurance over speed.