06/01/2013

10k

Today's run: 10.59 km / 6.58 miles in 1:13:07.
Injury check: Minor twinge in good knee.
______

Ten kilometres!

The morning was gloomy, but Robert turned up at my door bang on time and we headed out into the fog on my planned 10k route...

Foggy Luton town
Since I am rubbish at directions we took a little circular detour along that planned route, but we kept up a good pace (11:11 per mile) with barely a stop along the way. We paused in the middle and I gulped down a tube of energy gel (which tasted horrible - good thing it was a freebie) and then it was back up to pace again. 

Again, I don't want to jinx it, but running longer distances is definitely not as hard as it was originally. Some of this is no doubt due to my body getting used to actually running for longer periods; I'm also sure a great deal of it is having someone to run with, as that absolutely makes it more enjoyable!

So, 10k in a little over an hour. Done. 

Woohoo!

No comments: